Keeping a field scroll at the bottom as lines come in

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Sun Jan 25 16:07:59 EST 2004

Rob,

Let me also welcome you to Revolution!  When I add text to list fields, I
usually want to hilite the new line of text.  So, here's what I do:

on addALineOfText someText, fieldName
   put the number of lines in field fieldName into nLine
   put someText into line nLine+1 of field fieldName
   set the hilitedLines of field fieldName to nLine+1
end addALineOfText

Setting the hilitedLines of a list field will automatically scroll the field
to that line.

Hope that helps...

-Dan