Opening a stack *behind* another stack? (take 2)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jan 23 22:37:15 EST 2004

On 1/23/04 7:38 PM, Doug Lerner wrote:

> That *almost* works. The only problem is that even though I do the lock
> screen before cloning the new stack, the new stack appears for a flicker of
> a moment on top anyway anyway.

The "lock screen" command should really be thought of as "lock window".
You can't really lock the entire screen because the OS draws the windows
and you will always see a flash when it happens.

The best you can to is open a window invisibly and then show it when it
is needed, but I don't think this does what you want. You can also open
a stack in the window of an existing stack, but then you don't have two
windows any more.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com