Embedded windows?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 06:04:11 EST 2004

--- Doug Lerner <doug at webcrossing.com> wrote:
> Instead of a field in a card, I would like to have a
> separate window appear
> in a card - an embedded window.
>
> I can do this fine, but when the focus changes to
> something else on the card
> - a button for example - the "embedded window" ends
> up behind the current
> window.
>
> Is there a way of keeping the embedded window on
> top, besides making it into
> a palette? I don't want to make it into a palette
> because when entering a
> palette the tool always switches to browse.
>
> doug

Hi Doug,

Sorry to reply so late, but I have a backlog of
use-rev mails :-)

If you haven't found a way to make it happen yet, I'd
suggest you just make sure the user doesn't notice it
: you could make a snapshot of your 'embedded window'
and put that as a picture on your 'main window' (eg on
'suspendStack').
Then when the user wants to edit the picture again (eg
on 'mouseEnter', you would switch the embedded window
to the front.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====