Preferences files

Thierry Arbellot thierry.arbellot at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 22 17:47:57 EST 2004

On Win2K or XP platforms, the user may not have enough privileges to
write files into system folder.
It's better to store preferences file in C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Application Data
  = specialFolderPath(35)

 From MS documentation
CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA  (0x0023)
Version 5.0 . The file system directory containing application data for
all users. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Application Data.

Regards.
Thierry.