Windows standalone

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Jan 22 16:45:16 EST 2004

Andrew,

I've seen all three of your posts regarding Windows Standalone.

If you can't get an 'ask window' to open in the standalone, why don't you
just create a sample button with the following script and put it into the
standalone:

on mouseUp
  ask "hello world"
end mouseUp

Also, check to see if the topstack where your keypress handler resides is
offscreen. The ASK dialog wants to center itself on the topStack. If it is
offscreen then do:

on rawKeyDown pKey
   --> CHECKS FOR THE 'a' KEY DOWN
   if pKey = 97 then
      go inv stack "ask Dialog"
      set the loc of stack "ask Dialog" to the screenloc
      show stack "ask Dialog"
      ask "hello world"
   end if
end rawKeyDown