trouble with loading externals...

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Thu Jan 22 09:42:41 EST 2004

On Jan 22, 2004, at 1:49 AM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I've got this externals revzeroconf.bundle and revzeroconf.dll... they
> are inside the stacks folder and also at /Applications/Revolution
> 2.1.2/ folder. When the stack loads, it cant find the externals...
>
> I used
> set the externals of stack "cool" to "revzeroconf.bundle" & return &
> "revzeroconf.dll"

- during IDE development the .bundle or .dll files have to be in the
Revolution folder (or in the defaultFolder)

- in a standalone the .bundle or .dll files have to be in the app's
folder. (or in the defaultFolder) BTW there is also a way to hide the
.bundle into the app bundle on Mac OS X.

- If you are only working on OS X, then you can safely leave off the
revzeroconf.dll

- It's OK to specify both the bundle and dll but I think there is a bug
in the engine on OS X that it won't see the Mac bundle unless you
specify it last! ie

set the externals of stack "cool" to "revzeroconf.dll" & return &
"revzeroconf.bundle"

which is what I did for the Zeroconf Workbench stack.

Hope this helps,

--
Alex Rice | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com