rev unicode

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Jan 22 09:41:50 EST 2004

At 9:34 pm +0900 22/1/04, mark wrote:
>Thanks Dave, that's sweet.  I downloaded the revappversion 2.1.2 and
>it was no better at Japanese than the older rev.  But I also noticed
>that copying and pasting the text from the Rev field into apple's
>TextEdit and then recopying and pasting back into the same rev field
>also fixes it and allows editing in the field.  So for some reason,
>we have to pass the rev unicode through a variable or another
>program before rev can handle it in a field.  Anyway, I fixed all my
>fields in the old rev with the variable-pass trick you suggested.

I didn't see it as a trick. I thought that was how we were meant to
do it. However, I haven't kept up to date on  the unicode progess. I
need to handle Japanese text in my stacks sometimes, but rarely
require editing ability.

BTW, I don't know what problems you are having with RU and NO but is
this the same as Bugzilla #250? On 2.1.2, I don't have the problem
described there, so perhaps it was fixed.

Cheers
Dave