rev unicode still crap?

mark cowhead at mac.com
Thu Jan 22 07:34:32 EST 2004

Thanks Dave, that's sweet.  I downloaded the revappversion 2.1.2 and it
was no better at Japanese than the older rev.  But I also noticed that
copying and pasting the text from the Rev field into apple's TextEdit
and then recopying and pasting back into the same rev field also fixes
it and allows editing in the field.  So for some reason, we have to
pass the rev unicode through a variable or another program before rev
can handle it in a field.  Anyway, I fixed all my fields in the old rev
with the variable-pass trick you suggested.  Thanks.  Now, if only I
could directly type in hiragana RU and NO without having to hit return
and then go back up again....sigh...  I strongly suggest that the rev
people remove any "claims" of unicode or Japanese support until this
thing is actually usable.  After all, if I were a Real american I would
sue them for false advertising (but then, I wouldn't care about
Japanese either).  :-)