rev unicode still crap?

mark cowhead at mac.com
Wed Jan 21 04:07:34 EST 2004

After beating my head on the wall in the past, I decided to return to
this issue.  However, as far as I can tell, the unicode and uniEncode
capability of rev is still crap.  I attempted to convert an old stack
into unicode... very simple script:

create field
put uniEncode(field "oldshiftJis",Japanese) into last field
set the textFont of last field to "osaka,japanese"

The new fields made in this way display the japanese text just fine.
But if you attempt to edit them, you go into endless beachball spin and
have to force-quit rev. Again and again....

This is rev 2.02 on mac OS10.2.  I would purchase the update to rev
2.1x if the unicode handling were not still crap in that.  Anyone know
if it was improved between these versions? Boy do I pine for the ease
of Hypercard's Japanese ability!

mark mitchell
japan