use-revolution Digest, Vol 4, Issue 135

Ray G. Miller rgmiller at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 20 16:51:01 EST 2004

Dar Scott wrote:

> On Tuesday, January 20, 2004, at 12:01 PM, Ray G. Miller wrote:
>
>> Yes, the globala are *declared* within a handler, but setting the
>> globals for all can set, usually at the top of the script editor, for
>> each "section" (card script, background script, button script).
>

> I like the word "globala"!

Ok, smarty pants, I forgot to double-check the spellingn ;-)

Actually "globala" is a pretty neat word. I'm gonna try to develop a
function around it...

> If I understand you right, this is not the way I use "declare" and
> "setting".
>
> I think of this as the "declaration":
>
> global aaa
>
> I think of this as the "setting":
>
> on yyy
>   put "ransom" into aaa  --   <<==
> end yyy
>
> Depending on the circumstances this might also be the "initialization".
>
> Or did I misread your point, Ray?
>
> Dar Scott
> (Thinking of ways to use "globala" in a sentence.)

Yea, it's not really clear. I just put the "globala" at the top and set
their values in a handler. I then cut and paste the top "globala" into
any script page I need them.

Ray

--
Ray G. Miller