Burn files to CD in Rev - Burning Desire Stack

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Tue Jan 20 02:56:49 EST 2004

It appears that my post (although erroneously perceived as a "shot
across the bow") had the desired effect. Thomas' message (#10, Vol 4,
Issue 131) laid out the steps and I am making progress. So a big "thank
you!" to Thomas for his shell code.

I do have one question, though (for now). I have a folder that has a
space as part of its name ("my folder" for example). How would one
specify this folder as the source? I get an error that is obviously due
to the Terminal mis-parsing the folder name as a result of the space. I
have placed the folder path into a field but referencing the field
leaves that darn space. I imagine I'd have to replace that space with
an ASCII code?

BTW: I intend to create a stack that explains exactly what is done to
accomplish the burning of the CD and then post it where it may be
freely downloaded by anyone who needs it. My hope is that I can
encapsulate the seamy underbelly of it all so that my "burn myFolder"
line of Transcript code may be all that is required of the developer.

Thanks,
Barry