Password Field

Doug Lerner doug at webcrossing.com
Mon Jan 19 20:50:41 EST 2004

This is what I am doing, based roughly on advice from other people here in
the email list, so I am happy to pass it on!

on keyDown theKey
  if the loginPasswordClear of this stack is not empty then
    put the loginPasswordClear of this stack into passwordTmp
  else
    put "" into passwordTmp
  end if
  put theKey after passwordTmp
  set the loginPasswordClear of this stack to passwordTmp
  put "*" after field "loginPassword"
end keyDown

on deleteKey
  put empty into field "loginPassword"
  set the loginPasswordClear of this stack to empty
 end deleteKey

on backspaceKey
  put empty into field "loginPassword"
  set the loginPasswordClear of this stack to empty
end backspaceKey

doug