Burning a disc of files from within Rev

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Mon Jan 19 20:03:37 EST 2004

On Jan 19, 2004, at 3:41 PM, Barry Levine wrote:
> Once this is done, ANY Rev developer may include disc burning in
> his/her app and there's one less thing that Rev CAN'T do.

Bugzilla feature request? How about this: post again with the bugzilla
#, then let us know so those interested can vote on it.

You see there are scores other feature requests that are of equal or
greater importance than your Disk Burning framework idea. Depending who
you ask, of course.

I think I've said it before, but if I were going for this feature, I
would try to use shell() and the diskutil command line utility. I don't
see anything inadequate about that solution. On the contrary. That's
what the shell is there for. That's what the diskutil command is there
for.

Something that sets Rev developers apart is that they are
opportunistic. They will eagerly use Applescript, shell() commands,
HTTP, any number of things to communicate with the world outside of
Rev. And right now the Disk burning framework of OS X is in the world
outside of Rev.

--
Alex Rice | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com