rectangle of 0,0,0,0 ok?

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sun Jan 18 16:36:10 EST 2004

on 1/18/04 8:06 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com at
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:08:32 +0900
> From: Doug Lerner <doug at webcrossing.com>
> Subject: Re: rectangle of 0,0,0,0 ok?
>
> Those don't truly *hide* the field, in the sense that if you check to see if
> the mouse is in the region of the field it still turns out to be true, even
> if the field is not visible.
----------
That's usually a _good_ thing, but we don't know what your usage is. If you
could explain that it might help.

IMO setting the rect like that might be a bad idea. Instead, just leave it's
width and height alone, and send it off screen by its loc:

1) ## Remember it's loc:
   global gTfld
   put the loc of fld n into gTFld

2) ## Send it offstack:
   set the loc of fld n to "-1000,-1000" If its wider than 1500 (hard to
   imagine) then increase the negative numbers

3) ## Call it back:
   global gTfld
   set the loc of fld n to gTFld

HTH,