A couple of very basic Rev object questions

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jan 17 22:02:35 EST 2004

On 1/17/04 8:49 PM, Doug Lerner wrote:

> On 1/18/04 11:43 AM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
>

>>On 1/17/04 7:28 PM, Doug Lerner wrote:
>>

>>>I am finding myself creating multiple substacks of the main stack in my
>>>application - one for each kind of window.
>>>
>>>But each window only has one card.
>>>
>>>Question 1 - I have been putting some handlers in the stack script and some
>>>in the card script. But when there is just one card, it doesn't really
>>>matter which you put them in, right?
>>
>>Right, with one major exception. The stack scripts of the substacks will
>>be in the message hierarchy when the stack is frontmost. The card
>>scripts will not. Sometimes this makes a big difference.
>

> Of course the card script will be in the hierarchy if the message was sent
> to a control in that card though, right?

I misspoke, which usually means it is time for me to give up for the
night. Sorry. The card script would be in the hierarchy, as you say. I
was thinking of stacks that have been put into use. In that case, the
stack script is always in the hierarchy whether the stack is frontmost
or not.

If the stack is in use and you put a handler into its stack script, any
other stack can use it, and it can potentially run at the wrong time.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com