Restricting graphics to a field?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jan 15 18:23:38 EST 2004

On 1/15/04 4:51 PM, Doug Lerner wrote:

> is there any way then to restrict graphics from being drawn on just certain
> stacks and not others?
>
> I would want people to draw on a "canvas" stack but not on top of a stack
> where they are supposed to enter text into a field.

You could do something like this:

on checktool
   if the tool <> "browse" then choose browse tool
   send "checktool" to me in 10 milliseconds
end checktool

Put it into the stacks you don't want altered, and on openstack trigger
it by issuing a "checktool" command. You'd want to cancel the message
when the painting stack opens so that the user can choose paint tools.
Use resumestack handlers to restart the checking when the other stacks
come to the front.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com