some choose tool question

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 05:44:09 EST 2004

--- Doug Lerner <doug at webcrossing.com> wrote:
> I guess I am not quite clear of the special
> functionality of a palette
> stack. The docs explanation seems to be just that it
> is an non-editable
> stack with a narrower title bar.
>
> Does moving the cursor into a stack that is a
> palette always force the
> browser tool to be selected?
>
> Is it just not practical to attempt to keep the
> tools as buttons in the same
> card I am modifying/drawing into?
>
> doug

Hi Doug,

When you move the mouse into a palette, the engine
temporarily selects the browse tool -- in fact, if you
want to edit your palette, you'll have to temporarily
open it as topLevel.
If you're going to switch tools, it's a lot more
practical if you do it via a palette ; placing the
tool buttons on the same card is asking for troubles
like people drawing graphics over your tool buttons.

Jan Schenkel.

=====