Runtime error with 'get URL'

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 13:39:58 EST 2004

At 10:04 am -0800 14/1/04, Mark Powell wrote:

>Is the loading of libURL a function of what machine you are one (the
>standalone does work on machine A).

It shouldn't be ...

But the issue of loading libraries has come up before, and I think
the rev libraries, including libUrl are loaded in a preOpenBackground
handler . You might want to try this suggestion, previously posted by
Richard Gaskin:

>As a workaround, try adding this in your preOpenStack handler just before
>you open your login stack:
>
>    send "preOpenBackground" to group "revLibraries"

But it doesn't explain the "works on one machine, not on another" issue".

>get URL ClientDataCurrent
>answer "calling from preOpenStack, this is what is \
>    read from the data_current file:" & return & it
>if (the result is not empty) then
>    <exit routine>
>end if
>put it into gWhatever

Although still not explaining the difference between machines, I'm
fairly sure the above script won't do what you intend. Assuming you
want to gather the data from the url in gWhatever, this would be
better:

put URL ClientDataCurrent into tData
if the result is not empty then
   ## error handing and exit here
end if
answer "calling from preOpenStack, this is what is \
    read from the data_current file:" & return & tData
put tData into gWhatever

How do you fill ClientDataCurrent? Is this different between
users/machines/locations? You might want to check that it contains a
valid url on the failing machine.

Cheers
Dave