Why are bugs from September still untouched?

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 12:39:58 EST 2004

At 9:26 am -0700 14/1/04, Dar Scott wrote:

>I would guess on all, but I don't know.  I would assume even more so
>that it will show up in standalones where it shows up in
>development.  I last checked this in October and it failed on the
>Rev version and OS X version at that time.
>
>Here is a quick test:
>
>on mouseUp
>   get matchText(makeXStr(2503),"(?>x)*")
>end mouseUp

Just out of interest, is "(?>x)*" a valid regular expression? If so,
what does it do?

But this does what I would expect (on OS X, engine version 2.5):

on mouseUp
   local tM
   put makeXStr(2503) into tTxt
   put "m" after tTxt
   get matchText(tTxt,"(?>x*)(.*)",tM)
   put tM
end mouseUp

function makeXStr n
   repeat
     put "xxxxxxxxxx" after r
     if length(r) >= n then return char 1 to n of r
   end repeat
end makeXStr

Dave