Why are bugs from September still untouched?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Jan 14 11:26:06 EST 2004

On Wednesday, January 14, 2004, at 08:29 AM, Andy Burns wrote:

> What I guess I meant is if we all had all the computer OS's that Rev
> runs
> on, would the problem occur on all or some.

I would guess on all, but I don't know.  I would assume even more so
that it will show up in standalones where it shows up in development.
I last checked this in October and it failed on the Rev version and OS
X version at that time.

Here is a quick test:

on mouseUp
   get matchText(makeXStr(2503),"(?>x)*")
end mouseUp

function makeXStr n
   repeat
     put "xxxxxxxxxx" after r
     if length(r) >= n then return char 1 to n of r
   end repeat
end makeXStr

Other tests:
get matchText(makeXStr(1251),"(?:x)*")
get matchText(makeXStr(65000), "(?:x){0,836}")

You might need to up the numbers on some systems.

Dar Scott