Group Edit anomaly

Graham Samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 13 19:11:21 EST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:26:39 -0600, "J. Landman Gay"
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

>Unlocked images will revert to their native dimensions whenever the card
>opens or their enclosing group is edited. Set the lockloc of the images
>to true.

Thanks Jacque, I would never have guessed this was the issue - I can now
continue with my development without my images jumping around the card! BTW
the action does not take place precisely as you describe, or indeed as the
TD describes: it seems that the action of opening **any** group for editing
on the card and then stopping the edit is equivalent to opening the card
(since the images that I saw displaced were not themselves part of any
group, nor did I move from card to card when I saw the displacement); also
the 'native dimensions' seems in my case to be some kind of trace memory of
a time when the two images were grouped, although during the experiment
they were not grouped any more. There is something mysterious here which is
probably an engine bug, but right now I don't think it's worth burdening
the Bugzilla list with something so obscure.

Thanks again

Graham