text encoding gotcha?

Mark Powell Mark.Powell at veritas.com
Tue Jan 13 12:48:32 EST 2004

Suddenly, I am seeing something similar in my IDE (running on Windows).  A
list is showing either the box you describe or a bold pipe at the end of
each line.  A chartonum query identifies this character as 13, and when I
replace numtochar(13) with empty, the artifact goes away.  This 'fix' is
making me nervous, because it seems to be the equivalent of saying "strip
the carriage returns", which it is not doing.

I am seeing this for the first time today.  Maybe we have the same flu.

Mark