on startup and on shutdown

Thomas J McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Sun Jan 11 12:08:24 EST 2004

Thanks, everyone, it seems to me the startup is what I wanted and the
IDE does not process it 'in my stack' (which actually makes sense since
it is a call only once message and REV already did that on it's
startup).

I handled the startup not being loaded in the IDE by putting an if
environment is "development" then do initialize in the preopenstack.
This way I can leave the code in the app when built and it will switch
to the startup instead.

I guess I misinterpreted the docs about the shutdown message. It sounds
like it would be the best place to set a 'save' . I thought it was
saying I could put variables into a custom prop and it would actually
save it. What set me off was I was quitting in the IDE and it was
saving my stack with the new data in the custom prop each time I tested
it so in affect "I" was doing the saving and a build of course can not
save itself with the new data.

Once again I  notice that I  put a lot of scripts into each handler
that should be it's own function. This makes so much sense for reusing
the script and yet I always seem to forget and end up with very long
scripts.

THanks again,

TOm