Linux Filepath problem

T. R. Ponn alptex2 at orwell.net
Fri Jan 9 11:34:32 EST 2004

Hello all!

I'm developing on Mac OS9.2.2, RunRev2.0.3 for multiple platform
distribution...

One of the first things I do in my app (on openstack) is to:

on openStack
  global warming -- :-)
  set the itemDelimiter to "/"
  put (item 1 to -2 of the effective filename of this stack)&"/" into
line 26 of warming

This puts the pathname into a global, which is used for MANY file
functions (put "blah" into url...get url...etc) in my app.  I've found
it to be a handy way for me to look for various cfg files I've placed in
the same folder with the app.  If the user moves a cfg file out of the
folder, I have a function that rebuilds it and puts it where it should be.

So...on the mac and win...no problems.  But on my Linux build, it puts
"./" into the global.  What gives here?  Any Linux lovers know a
work-around?  Any special ways to use "effective filename of this stack"
to get the explicit path name?

Thanks for any assistance you can lend!

Best Regards,

Tim Ponn