[OT] new Mac software: GarageBand and iLife'04

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Jan 9 01:40:25 EST 2004

Scott-

SR> This is not to argue that GarageBand is a replacement for the other
SR> commercial audio apps, but I, for one, was wondering how Apples loops
SR> compared to those of other music building apps (GrooveMaker, MixMan, etc).

Hard to tell much on the show floor with all the other activity
around, but with all that the samples sounded good to my ears. If the
loops really are intrument samples, then transposing them *should*
affect the quality somewhat. You can't change the key and keep the
same timbre. Commercial musical instruments that are based on samples
typically use several samples per octave.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net