Update a global when going to a stack as modal

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Jan 8 22:30:59 EST 2004

Frank,

> This doesn't work because LINE 3 gets executed right after
> LINE 2, not
> after the dialog is closed (i.e. Revolution doesn't wait for
> the modal
> dialog to be closed before it executes LINE 3).

Actually, that's exactly what Rev does. When you call "modal <stack>",
execution stops at that line until the modal dialog that was called is
closed. I'm pretty sure "open <stack> as modal" does the same as "modal
<stack>", but if it *is* different, try "modal <stack>" instead (that's
the one I'm used to).

The approach you described of calling two separate handlers would be the
way I would have done it in SuperCard; I'm glad Rev stops execution
until you return from a modal dialog. :-)

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/