Making handlers always available on startup

JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au
Thu Jan 8 18:26:41 EST 2004

From: Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote on Thu, 08 Jan 2004
08:03:07 -0800
> On 1/8/04 4:03 AM, "JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au" <JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au>
> wrote:
>
> > I have come to Rev fairly recently from HyperCard. One of the things I
> > liked to do in HyperCard was creating custom handlers and having them
> > available in any stack. Some of these handlers would refer to other
stacks
> > (usually in the same folder as the Home stack, so they could just be
> > referred to by their short names rather than their full paths).
> > Isn't there the equivalent of a default "startUp" handler somewhere
(like
> > HyperCard's)? If so, I couldn't find it.
>
> Isn't "start using stack xyz" what you want?

Thanks, I know I can use that command, but:
1. How do I get Revolution to execute that command every time it starts
up?
2. How can I refer to stacks (or stack files) just by their short names?

Regards,
Jonathan Cooper

Manager of Information / Website
Art Gallery of New South Wales
Sydney, Australia
http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au

This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information which may be confidential.  If you are not the intended
recipient please advise the sender by return email, do not use or disclose
the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your system.
 Unless specifically indicated, this email does not constitute formal
advice or commitment by the sender or the Art Gallery of NSW  (ABN 24 934
492 575) or its related entities.