Rev Crash Again! ... cardImage() function

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jan 8 15:21:03 EST 2004

Wouter wroter:
> set the imagePixMapID of last image to (the pixMapID of stack
> pStackPath)

>     set the imagePixMapID of last image to (the pixMapID of stack
> "revDocTips")

Ah.  I get it.  You were talking about possible variations on
cardImage().

The function cardImage() does not do either of those.  It is limited in
what it does to avoid crashes.

It might be great to have a reliable way to directly get the image of
some stack that is not current.  However, the cardImage() function was
designed to get the current card of the current stack.  I am hoping
there is some way to quietly make some card current, take the image,
and then go back.  There are issues concerning whether messages should
be sent.  This works in the current stack (fine for special effects),
but I have not tried to come up with a method for a card outside the
current stack; maybe "go invisible", get the picture, "go back", maybe
with screen locking.

Dar Scott