Rev Crash Again! ... cardImage() function

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jan 8 15:06:11 EST 2004

On Thursday, January 8, 2004, at 12:53 PM, Jim Carwardine wrote:

> This might be my gnu-B status with Rev, but I did this but didn't get
> the
> icon updated...
>
> set the icon of btn "Gallery Button" to cardImage()

cardImage() returns the PNG form of the image itself.  The icon
property is an image id.

You might try one of these:

1.
Switch to image instead of button.  Lock down the size beforehand.
Script the image as though a button.

set the text of the image "Gallery" to cardImage()
or
put cardImage() into image "Gallery"

2.
Put the image into another image object and have the button point to
that.  Keep the image invisible.

put cardImage() into image "Image for Gallery Button"
set the icon of button "Gallery Button" to the id of image "Image for
Gallery Button"

Note that some folks have reported on this list that this function can
cause a crash in some cases.  I'm not sure what those cases are.  Stay
tuned.

Dar Scott