Rev Crash Again! ... cardImage() function

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Thu Jan 8 06:25:25 EST 2004

On 08 Jan 2004, at 06:41, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> Message: 9
> Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 22:00:37 -0700
> From: Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com>
> Subject: Re: Rev Crash Again!  ... cardImage() function
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>

snip

> This works for me in getting the image of the current card.  I have a
> button that gets the image of another card in the stack and that seems
> to work, too.  It uses this function.  Because of a bug, I export to
> get the PNG image; getting the text is not reliable.  It might be I
> don't know why this works.  I'm on OS X 10.2.8 and I use Revolution
> 2.1.2.

snip

> I'd be pleased to hear how this works.  Or doesn't work.
>
> Dar

Hi Dar,

That code is only safe if the window you are getting the imagePixMapID
from is visible.
(then why not using the import snapshot command, which is less prone to
crash the app, as the window of the pixMapID "must" be visible(at least
on my rig). Until this buggyness gets cleaned up)

Greetings,

WA