Conceptual question about opening multiple windows of the same kind

Doug Lerner doug at webcrossing.com
Thu Jan 8 05:31:50 EST 2004

This is a basic conceptual question. I'm trying to decide how to proceed.

Let's say I wanted to open multiple windows (stacks, not cards) of a certain
type. Examples might be multiple drawing windows for a paint program. Or
multiple chat windows for different chat rooms.

What concepts should I be looking at? Templates? Groups and background
attributes? Cloning?

For example, let's say I already have one window/stack that is working as I
like. But maybe I want more than than that one window, with some different
settings, opened up. Should I clone that stack and then delete it when done?
Is there a better approach?

I know the question is sort of vague, but I am looking for a general
conceptual pointer or best practices suggestion rather than a cookbook total
answer at this stage.

Thanks!

Doug Lerner, Tokyo