[OT] new Mac software: GarageBand and iLife'04

Ian Wood ian at azurevision.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 05:08:20 EST 2004

On 8 Jan 2004, at 09:37, Alex Rice wrote:

> re: plugins, VST, etc. I know nothing about 'em, but the website says
> "GarageBand’s Audio Unit support allows you to add hundreds of effects
> and recording tools." Maybe the apple rep wasn't up to speed yet? Or
> maybe that's just one type of many existing audio plugin formats?

Audio Units are OS X-only plug-ins, which means there aren't as many of
them as more common formats like VST.

Not to forget a version of iPhoto which supposed to be pretty well
instant for browsing, unlike the current "molasses" version.

Ian Wood
Panoramic photography, from web to billboard, sunrise to moonrise
http://www.azurevision.co.uk