Determining which menu button was clicked on Mac

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Wed Jan 7 20:26:04 EST 2004

I had a similar problem like you, where I wanted to check/unckeck a
menu item before the menu is shown. And indeed I was unable to do this
anywhere else then the menubar group's script on OS X. I worked around
this by using a "if the target = "view" then" script. It might be time
for a feature request?