Auto Play on PCs

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Jan 7 16:01:13 EST 2004

On Jan 7, 2004, at 1:53 PM, Thomas J McGrath III wrote:

> Oopps.
>
> Also, what about the file path. It will be in a folder at the root
> level of the CD.
>
> Thanks so much...

You should be able to put:

open=MyFolder/MyApp.exe

though I haven't tested this.

On Jan 7, 2004, at 1:51 PM, Thomas J McGrath III wrote:

> Do you know if TextEdit can handle the document type?
>
> I will try it on my Mac, but do I need to access a PC?

I use BBEdit to create mine and I always use DOS line endings.  I
imagine it would probably have problems with Mac line endings.  If you
don't have a PC you could make the file with rev with something like:

put "[autorun]" & numToChar(13) & numToChar(10) &
"open=MyFolder/Myapp.exe" into tFile

then save the file to disk using the 'open file' commands.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com