OT Re: Interfaces: PC and MAC ------OT

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Tue Jan 6 13:07:01 EST 2004

On Jan 6, 2004, at 10:41 AM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> Actually AAC is the MPEG-4 standard made by dolby
> <http://www.vialicensing.com/products/mpeg4aac/standard.html>.

Ah. Thanks. I guess I made a common mistake:

"""Apple should have used "MP4" instead of AAC, that's what it is
afterall. People would have seen the association with MP3 and say "Oh,
COOL, it's even better than MP3." Instead they have no idea what AAC
is. I'm sure they assume that one of those A's stands for Apple, just
like the W in WMA stands for Windows. Apple Audio Codec, Apple Audio
Control, etc."""
<http://www.macobserver.com/comments/commentindivdisplay.shtml?
id=36749>

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |