Change alphaData More Than Once?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Jan 4 12:32:21 EST 2004

On 1/4/04 9:08 AM, I wrote:

> Thanks for the reference Chipp.  I've been trying to understand the parts
> but one thing confuses me.  In your sample, it appears that you can
> essentially restore the target image by setting its alpha/imageData
> properties to that of another image.  In the following test stack, I try
> this but the script fails after restoring the image:
>
> go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/masktest.rev"
>
> It works once, but not after that.  In your stack, setting alpha/imageData
> seems to work repeatedly, without calling your special routines.  What
> difference am I missing here?

To further demonstrate the problem, I added Chipp's images to my test stack,
which shows that Chipp's images can be repeatedly updated.  My images will
only update once.

So Chipp's images are "better" than mine, but why?

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design