Change alphaData More Than Once?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Jan 4 12:08:29 EST 2004

On 1/4/04 4:59 AM, "Chipp Walters" <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:

> I have previously documented this and posted a basic work-around. I have a
> stack at my site, or you can just:
>
> open stack URL "http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/testComposite.rev"

Thanks for the reference Chipp.  I've been trying to understand the parts
but one thing confuses me.  In your sample, it appears that you can
essentially restore the target image by setting its alpha/imageData
properties to that of another image.  In the following test stack, I try
this but the script fails after restoring the image:

  go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/masktest.rev"

It works once, but not after that.  In your stack, setting alpha/imageData
seems to work repeatedly, without calling your special routines.  What
difference am I missing here?

PS I also noted in your sample stack that rendering the target image
correctly seems to require setting the alphaData *before* setting the
imageData.  Good to know.

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director