Interfaces: PC and MAC and the screenGamma property...

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jan 3 23:07:06 EST 2004

Thomas J McGrath III wrote:

> Yeah but look at your statement below. I would agree with you even that
> I am a preferred Mac user except you had to end the following statement
> with an attack with words.
>
> Your attack states that anyone who isn't like you can't see beyond
> Steve's last keynote. This appears to be very much an attack.

That's not exactly what I wrote.  And what I ended with was "Long live
Apple!"

But an earnest communicator accepts responsibility for even perceptions, as
clearer writing anticipates and avoids innacurate ones.  Please accept my
apologies for not expressing my feelings more clearly.  It was not my
intention to offend ayone who wants to see Apple succeed as much as I do.
As an Apple customer, developer, and shareholder, their success is also
mine.

There are of course many types of Mac users, and I had tried to describe the
only two types I know intimately because I have been each of them at
different times.

There are those who suggest Apple cannot make sometimes critical mistakes.
I was one of these, and have been in MUGs with others of the same type.
That such a type exists isn't something I invented.  Don't shoot the
messenger.

And there are also those who question Apple from time to time, as Tog
himself does.  Only your best friend will tell you when you have salad on
your teeth.  Sometimes Apple listens, and when they do we all benefit.  The
last thing Apple needs is uncritical support, as that would only broaden the
inevitable blind spots inherent in the human condition.

Everyone makes mistakes, and through constructive feedback we improve. I
appreciate yours, and will tune my writing accordingly.

But there may be no stopping Tog. ;)

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation