Way to add bookmarks to Safari w/ Rev?

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Sat Jan 3 02:58:37 EST 2004

On Jan 3, 2004, at 12:22 AM, RGould8 at aol.com wrote:

> Anyone know if there's a way I can add bookmarks to Safari with
> Revolution.
> (I've been asked to do this by an ISP)  Preferably, I'd like to be
> able to do
> this without launching Safari, which means I'd need to know where and
> how
> Safari stores it's bookmark data.

There is an XML file you can edit:
/Users/fred/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist

I just added a bookmark by copy pasting a URIDictionary key with a text
editor and Safari noticed the new bookmark without even needing a
restart!

Older versions of Safari used Bookmarks.xml, but the format was
probably the same: "plist" aka Apple XML Property List.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>