Interfaces: PC and MAC and the screenGamma property...

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Fri Jan 2 20:06:22 EST 2004

On Jan 2, 2004, at 5:44 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Alex,
>
> Don't know about if it's possible to change the gamma for the PNG.
> Even if it were possible, it would probably end up creating even more
> 'washed out' images on Macs or 'too dark' images on PC.

Not sure... my overly simplistic understanding of graphics is that is
you just the sRGB color space, then "no worries!" But that's probably
naive :-)

Here is a tutorial about Gamma in general and PNG in particular.

<http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/spec/1.2/PNG-DataRep.html#DR.Gamma-
correction>
<http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/spec/1.2/PNG-GammaAppendix.html>

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |