Creating windowShapes in Rev

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Jan 1 16:13:16 EST 2004

On 1/1/04 12:57 PM, "Dar Scott" <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

>> Yep, as I hoped (but forgot I had it), GC started the conversion
>> process and
>> Rev finished it for display. Got a perfect 1-byte mask. Took a little
>> over a
>> minute from start to finish, and "voila!"
>
> What image format are you starting with that does not work as a
> windowShape?  What are you converting it to?
>
> I have heard of people having trouble with formats that do not work
> with a windowShape, but I have not seen any problem.  Maybe I'm naively
> using the right formats.

PNG and GIF are the formats that allow you to create custom window shapes
since these can contain the mask information needed for the window.  Note
that an 8 bit mask in a 24 bit PNG will get converted down to 1 bit usually
providing less than desirable results.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director