Problem with counting numbers of groups in a stack

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jan 1 10:51:01 EST 2004

Stephen King wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have just come across a problem with counting the number of groups, between
> the IDE and built application.
> I have a small stack that has 20 groups (listed in the App browser). It has a
> main and sub stack with no groups on the substack. There are no plugins in use
> (according to the App browser).
>
> When I use
> "put the number of groups into NumF"
>
> In the IDE I get 20, as expected and the App runs fine, but when built I get
> 21 groups reported. This crashes my App as there is no group 21 for it to
> reference. Debugging the built app shows this is the reason for the crash.

I think what's happening is that the Distribution Builder is adding a hidden
group for Rev libraries, so if this is the first card of the maintStack
there is very likely a 21st group.

If so, I don't think it's the attempt to reference the 21st group that's
causing the crash.  What exactly are you doing with the groups, and is it a
true crash or an error?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation