Library Stacks PART II

Kevin nnoydb at excite.com
Sun Feb 29 22:26:29 EST 2004

Let me be a bit more specific.

I have a library lets call it basic.rev it contains the handler below.  This handler "package" resides in basic.rev in RR application directory and is included by other libraries who utilise this handler.  For example "math.rev"  and "graph.rev" wich to utilise "package" must "start using "basic.rev" which will cause a comflict when both libs must be used in the same program/stack.  I am opposed to just willy nilly copying and pasting code it breaks the fundamentals of development.  Should "package" or one of the so called utility handlers change I wish to changed it in the one right place not throughout several programs!

Kevin

on package thePackage

  local myContext, myLine, myDirectory, myShortPackage

  put thePackage into myShortPackage

  get matchText( thePackage, ".+/(.*)", myShortPackage)

  replace quote with empty in myShortPackage

  if myShortPackage is among the lines of the stacksInUse then return

  put currentContext() into myContext

  put line -2 of myContext into myContext
  put item -3 of myContext into myContext

  put the last word of myContext into myContext

  replace quote with empty in myContext

  get matchText( myContext, "(.*\/)", myDirectory )

  set the directory to myDirectory

  start using thePackage

end package

I\

-==-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-
Disclaimer:

Any resemblance between the above views and those of my
employer, my terminal, or the view out my window are purely
coincidental.
Any resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic.

 The question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold
them
is left as an exercise for the reader. The question of the existence of
the reader
 is left as an exercise for the second god coefficient.
(A discussion of non-orthogonal, non-integral polytheism is beyond the
scope of this article.)