using a custom property as a sort key ?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Feb 29 02:10:35 EST 2004

On 2/28/04 10:55 PM, Christopher Mitchell wrote:

> using a hidden background field to do the work of a custom property is a
> kludge.

Okay. How about:

  sort cards of this stack by (the index of this cd)

I didn't try it but it should work. Let us know.

> Actually Ken's response is probably the simplest answer for doing what I
> want to do.  It is halfway between what I want to do and your methods.

Right. Note that marking cards does not reorder them in the stack. If
you don't care about the card order and you just want to go to a
specific card, then using marked cards is definitely simpler.

I think there are two different things going on. Sorting the cards
re-orders them but doesn't necessarily move you to a specific card.
Marking one and then going to it takes you there but doesn't rearrange
the cards in the stack. I'm still not quite sure which one you want to do.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com