Dan's book-why an index???

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Sat Feb 28 14:08:31 EST 2004

Yes, exactly.  And I was the person bemoaning Kinkos (mostly, their
inability to obtain/use the latest version of Reader; they
couldn't/wouldn't open the file!).

There are all kinds of reasons why people may prefer printed material to
online material:

*Readability (higher print resolution)
*User characteristics (hiliting text, scribbling in margins, etc.)
*Where you can 'use' it (can't lug my laptop in the tub/in bed with low
light/outdoors with high light).

etc.

So, why did I buy the PDF?  Like Marian, I suddenly decided that I wanted
it NOW.

Like Thomas, I sometimes like to look over the index for either something
related to what I think I want to do OR for new, interesting things to
tackle (which, by nature, I wouldn't know necessarily the correct word for
searching purposes).

Judy