The "Answer with dialog"

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Fri Feb 27 15:10:05 EST 2004

At 1:25 PM -0500 2/27/2004, hershrev wrote:
>On Friday, February 27, 2004, at 12:21 AM, Chipp Walters wrote:
>
>>global gRevAppIcon
>>on mouseUp
>>    --only need to do this once, in an openStack handler
>>    put empty into gRevAppIcon
>>    answer "it works now!" with "ok"
>>end mouseUp
>What is the difference ?

The only difference is that Chipp's example has the global command
outside any handlers, and mine has the global command inside the
handler. So in Chipp's example, you could also put things into the
global variable "gRevAppIcon" in other handlers in that script,
without having to declare the global variable again in each handler.

But if you are only using that global variable in one handler, it
doesn't make any difference. Either one will work.

If you don't want to use any icon, you can just put empty into the
global variable "gRevAppIcon" (as shown above) and you don't need to
put an image ID into it. My post showed how to do both, just as an
example.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com