Program Idea: Windows Outlook Express....

Andy Burns yoy at comcast.net
Thu Feb 26 20:12:05 EST 2004

Re-hi folks.

Outlook Express (Windows) has the option to delete emails. You can empty the
deleted items folder, but the deleted items "file" in the user's folder
still exists.

I have an alias to that folder and delete the "deleted items" file once a
day. It will recreate itself after you delete it and restart Outlook
Express.

My idea is to create a rev app that does this. I'm just twiddling my thumbs
and am wondering where to begin.

The issue is the various users on the computer/network and other things I
haven't thought about.

Mostly the reason for my idea is that since Outlook Express doesn't actually
delete this file, the potential email virii could be compromised by some
other email or other means of attack.

Is this project worthy of consideration?

Andy

---