Replace in Vars's

hershrev hershbp at realtorsgroup.us
Thu Feb 26 18:28:45 EST 2004

I cleared all Var.'s Local and Global and now it works properly.
Thanks to all . hershrev
By the way this the basic recipe for edit SQL for not connected fields.

put these scripts in your card or stack

on openField
   put the text of the selectedField into lOldText
end openField

on closeField
   if gAction = "Edit"
   then
     put the name of the selectedField into lModifyFieldName
     put the text of the selectedField into lFieldText
     delete   word 1 of lModifyFieldName
     delete char 1 of word 1 of lModifyFieldName
     delete char -1 of word 1 of lModifyFieldName
     if lEquery contains lModifyFieldName
     then
       if lOldText <> lFieldText
       then
         replace  lOldText  with lFieldText in lEquery
       end if
     else
       put lModifyFieldName &&"="&"'"& the Text of the selectedField
&"',"& space after lEquery
     end if
   end if
   put lEquery into gtest
end closeField

on go
   put "UPDATE databaseName&&"SET"&&lEquery&&"WHERE text = text"
end go

  in your button put
on mouseUp
   go
end mouseUp

and comments would be appreciated (even critics)
Thanks hershrev