File associations in Panther

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Feb 26 16:08:06 EST 2004

I'm using the same standalone building process I've used for the last
year, only now on Panther my standalones won't recognize my custom
document types.

Also, when I modify the core engine name within the MacOS folder and
then edit my plist to match, in earlier versions of OS X this was how I
got the process name to match the bundle name, only in Jaguar the same
steps I'd used successfully before no longer work -- now the app simply
doesn't launch.

Have any of you successfully assigned custom document types to a Rev
standalone under Panther w/ Rev 2.1?  If so, what are you doing
differently than you had done under Jaguar?

Side question:  We've all noticed that Panther no longer honors the GURL
Apple event, but does anyone here know if that's intentional or a bug in
the Finder?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation