Important question regarding next major Rev version

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Thu Feb 26 02:45:48 EST 2004

On Feb 25, 2004, at 11:51 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Valetia Lowe wrote:
>
>> 3. No support for native re-ordering of items in a list field!
> > Again, I had to spend an entire day just re-creating something
> > that comes built into every OS!!
>
> What's the API for that?  I was under the impression it required a
> custom list proc, and at the expense of other behaviors (like drag
> selection).

Well Cocoa has NSTableView and NSOutlineView, both of which have
messages for performing drag-n-drop of 1 or more rows within the
control, or to the pasteboard for destinations outside the control.

But that's very specific to Objective-C and Cocoa. Don't know what it
is for Carbon, and not sure how they would map onto Rev's API either.
The Cocoa controls are likely quite different from the Win32
table-outline view equivalent, or the GTK one, or the Qt-KDE one, or
the Mac Toolkit one, Powerplant one, etc. etc.

Like most of my posts, just some random observations... :-)

--
Alex Rice | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com